Friday, August 20, 2010

How to prove your innocence on domestic violence charges ?

I have been charged for domestic violence for accidently hitting my x while getting in a fight with her boyfriend as the fight started we began throwing punches and one of my punches hit her in the face while she jumped into the fight as soon as thy happened I stop throwing punches because of what happened now she's claiming that I went straight to her face without even throwing a single punch at the guy and that the fight was with her and not the boyfriend which is complete defamation now how can I prove it was a accident without witnesses and she has the whole family to back her accusations up she also said that I was stalking her even though I hadn't seen her for 1 year but that charge was dismissed due to the fact that she was lying an had not records that I ever called her text her or proof that I ever looked for her so how can I try to resolve this case I got a lawyer but I need more opinionHow to prove your innocence on domestic violence charges ?
It doesn't matter if you hit the wrong target - if you attempt to assault somebody (which sounds like what you're being charged with) then it doesn't matter if you acctually hit somebody else. You are legally guilty.





Unless you have some other info that you didn't hit her when trying to hit...someone, then you are guilty. If you have a defense that's being factually challenged by the other side, and she has her whole family backing her up, the judge will have to weigh their credibility against yours. It's not impossible to find in your favor - who knows what they are willing to say under oath or whether they are credible?





';stalking...charge was dismissed due to the fact that she was lying an had not records that I ever called her text her or proof that I ever looked for her so how ';





Maybe it was dismissed for those reasons. However, the evidence for stalking can be established (if not proven) simply by her testimony.





';I got a lawyer but I need more opinion';





Do you really think you'll get a better opinion here from strangers on the internet than some guy who you speak to face-to-face, and can sue if he commits malpractice?





BTW - what's his take on this case?How to prove your innocence on domestic violence charges ?
check with the laws of your state: in some states voice recording someone without their permission is not illegal and an acceptable form of evidence to bring to court. if your state allows that, then you could surely get yourself or a friend over to visit with her with a hidden tape recorder in tow, and possibly get her to admit the true circumstances of that evening.





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment