Friday, August 20, 2010

Boyfriend and I are about to break up over my dog...is it worth it?

Ok so 5 months ago my boyfriend moved in with me and brought his dog. I already had a 7 month old male pitbull that wasnt fixed. If u have ever seen Marley and Me that would describe his behavior. Very energetic hardly sits and loves running has had his share of mishaps but hasnt destroyed anything lately =). His dog is almost 2 years old a pit female and has been fixed. She is very calm and doesnt show much emotion. He baby talks to her carries her around and is truely in love with his dog. it was his first and he has no children. Im not as sensitive as he is to his dog as i am to mine. I have a 4yr old that comes first and i have had dogs in the past. I love my dog but im not obssessed with him. Well the problem is he says his dog is an angel and doesnt do anything wrong and my dog belongs in a junk yard outside. He is mean to my dog yells at him for ';running in the house'; or for licking his dog. he Hits my dog and does this all in front of my daughter. he says that he used to do that to his dog and now she is good. I tell him to stop please dont do it. my dog is afraid of him and doesnt know how to act when my boyfriend is around. i told him take care of his dog and ill take care of my dog but he pretty much demands me to get rid of my dog or else. I have suggested we get rid of both of them and get a dog together but i know he would rather break up with me then get rid of his precious dog. i have a feeling of what everyone is going to say but id like to hear your opinion. We have been together for 5 months now. We fight EVERYDAY about the dogs. When he looks at my dog u just see the hate in my boyfriends eyes. and if he cared about me u think he could deal with my dog. i just dont know what to doBoyfriend and I are about to break up over my dog...is it worth it?
Wow.





Your boyfriend is beyond belief.





Kick him out now, today, immediately.





I have 2 dogs but there is no way they are more important that the woman I am supposed to be in love with.





Kick the cretin out.Boyfriend and I are about to break up over my dog...is it worth it?
Maybe he should spent some one-on-one time with your dog to just show him how nice your dog is, or you could maybe get him fixed?





If all else fails, kick him the hell out. If your dog isn't aggressive, then i dont see what his problem is. He should learn to control himself around your little girl aswell. No offense but he sounds like an idiot.





Oh, and he has no damn right to hit an animal. Dont ASK him to stop hitting your dog, TELL him to stop.
Get rid of him and his dog.
It's very simple, give your so-called boyfriend the flick, you don't need the aggrevation, especially around your daughter. Don't worry, the right bloke will come along, someone who respects you, your daughter and your dog
this could be worse it could be him making you choose him or your child and from there whats next? think about this in the big picture%26gt;............Is this the kind of man you want in your life ? He can not see past his ';dog'; to make peace in your combined living space...if it were not your dog what else would he pick? ...put him out and his dog ....Your dog was there first ....he has no respect for your dog ? so when he finds things wrong with how your child acts will he suggest you give up your child? he is not happening .
If he is abusive to ur dog who is to say he wouldnt be that way with you or ur daughter. They say it all starts with an animal. His dog may be calmer bc she is fixed has alot to do with her personality. Since your dog is not fixed he is a typical male and he goes thru heat just like a man. If you dont wnat your dog fixed definitely dont get rid of him for ur BF. ur only with ur bf 5 months and you dont know what could happen and ur dog will be there til the end. Did u ever think about taking ur dog to a training class or looking online to see if there is a way u can work with him on ur own to make him calmer. There is ways and I know that if you keep him (ur dog) occupied that it can help alot like iwth toys and stuff. Your bf is a dog lover but sounds to me he is more in love with his dog than with you and u shouldnt have to give up anything. He clearly wont so y should you and besides u have a daughter tho she is young i can amost guarantee that she has a bond with your dog. Also need to remember your dog is still a pup. IF you really want all this changed and wuick have him fixed it makes a difference.
Man, that's one really lucky b * t c h..i meant the dog...
If he is threatening you with your dog than I don't think he is a good boyfriend. If he had to chose he would probably chose his dog over you. He is not worth it. Let him go and don't let him control your life like that anymore. Also he should not be hitting your dog, its yours not his and what do you think he would do if you hit his dog?





My boyfriend didnt like dogs before he met me. I have a dog and he has learned to love it. I tell him that when we get married i am going to take my dog with us and he is okay with it. He even worries about my dog more than me cause every time he goes to my house hes like ';Have you fed Stripe already';
If he's abusive towards animals, for me that would be a huge red flag. I don't care how he justifies it in his own mind, it's not right to strike an animal period. Have either of you actually considered training the poor dog? The more manageable he is, the better your boyfriend will be able to deal with him. But the hitting must stop immediately. No ifs ands or buts.
don't break up with him because he's crazy for dogs break up with him because he's a crazy ffucckk!
Here's a new twist on a ';love hate'; relationship. He loves his dog and hates yours. I'm surprised he doesn't treat your 4 year old the way he treats your dog. If he did would you allow it? Why allow him to treat your dog this way? It is insensitive and immature. Tell him he and his dog are permanently in the doghouse. You, your child and your dog deserve less stress and he is not a good role model for your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment