Friday, August 20, 2010

Would you back up your significant other 100%?

My boyfriend %26amp; I have been together for 3 years. A girl who attended high school with him for 3 years and occasionally bumped into each other at parties, got into a fight with me over me showing up with a couple male friends at her boyfriends house to stop by and say hi. Need to say she was mad I showed up at her boyfriends house, although I only said Hi my name is ____. Need less to say she got carried away with hating me and for about three or four years called me names, which stuck with multiple people, made some mutual friends not like me, and thrown things at me.





Recently, after 4 years of torment, she apologized said she was making amends with people or something along those lines. %26amp; my boyfriend decided to say happy birthday too her through facebook. I got upset because he is supposed to be on my side. He argued that he was ';friends'; with her way before he met me and the fight was between her and I and I was being a child because she apologized. Just because she apologized doesn't take away the names she called me over the years and how hurt I was. He spends everyday and she is just a friend you pass by and wave too. Shouldn't he not like her and back me up 100% no matter what, isn't it an unwritten rule somewhere? Comments would be nice.. We need a relationship ref right now.Would you back up your significant other 100%?
i understand you are hurt and frustrated. i've been hurt by friends SO many times. i've been stabbed in the back, lied to, called names .. you name it.


but if there's one thing i've learned it is that holding a grudge just wastes so much time. it drains you of energy, it ruins relationships (both existing ones and potential relationships). even if you are not ready to be buddies with this girl .. why not just forgive her and just be nice? besides, what if she really IS being earnest and sincere in her apology? can you imagine how you would feel if you felt bad about something, asked someone for forgiveness, and they kept holding it against you? i mean .. she should have the chance to move on..turn over a new leaf.. start fresh. none of us DESERVE that chance, but we all like to get it when we are in need of it, right? so why can't we give it to others?





i do understand where you are coming from. but i have to say that in this case, i agree with your boyfriend. don't let this get in the way of your relationship with him or anything else. is it really worth it?Would you back up your significant other 100%?
I would be mad, and also expect my boyfriend's full support on something like that. He shouldn't have said anything to her. It shows her that your relationship might not be that ';tight';, and gives her an opening if she is that kind of girl. Now she knows she can say hi back, and use conversations to get at you. He messed up in my opinion.
grow up


becoming an adult is hard enough without re-living the past


start by letting go of your ego and the need to be a controller
why torture your boyfriend with those trivial thing? Let it go. Be the bigger person. She has grown up and move on and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment