Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you cope with your anger in a peaceful way?

I must say that I am proud of myself. I'm a hothead and I'm very headstrong.I like to argue and I always stick up for myself. Don't get me wrong I'm a very nice and loving cheery person but people have tried to walk over me and belittle me I had to get in a couple fist fights just to get some of my bullies from Junior high and high school to leave me alone. I was so different from my peers and the people I lived around, I dyed my hair weird colors and I was very into school. I had to always defend myself and my choices. I stopped getting into fights when I was maybe 14-15. This chick wanted to fight me for no apparent reason, she just didn't like me because she her boyfriend thought I was cute or something stupid like that. I did not want to fight at all but we fought and it was really bad.I broke her nose and gave her a black eye and I lost 2 teeth. I guess ';won'; the fight according to the people watching it. She came with 6 friends and I came with 2 friends and they jumped up. Yeah, I got my butt kicked. So after that I stopped fighting, because it was pointless. Ever since I got out of high school and I'm in college I've been at peace. Today, these two chicks that I hate one of my classes we're really getting on my nerves, because one of them is jealous of me because she likes my boyfriends and the other one is just her flunky. They kept saying low-key stuff about me and my boyfriend. But I kept my cool and I just ignored those whores. After I went out of class I didn't think much of it. A 3-4 years ago I would have clocked both of those broads in the face. But now, I'm at peace no one can really make me mad.





Sorry for the long speech





I usually write down how I'm feeling in my diary. I have about maybe 20 different diaries lying around my house. I get on the computer or shop to cheer myself up. How do you cope with your anger in a peaceful way?
have sex


How do you cope with your anger in a peaceful way?
i swear i am just like you.





But i keep hold of my anger by keeping it bottled inside then i take it out on my family when i get home. Bad I know, but they can shout back and I can shout back louder. That or i bottle it up and later cry
It's good to be in control. You have a lot more to lose in college by punching someone than you did in high school.





As far as how to stay peaceful....





I suggest joining a Native American Flute circle and learning to play.
I'm like you. I write it down. Sometimes I tell people but more than often I just cry and want a hug. That'd make me feel better wherever, whenever, just a good hug with a friend.
I remind myself that what goes around, comes around. I have certainly seen it in my lifetime.
i use to be that way too. i discovered meditation and positive energy and never looked back
I say goosefraba 3 times and then take a deep breath. If that doesn't work I watch that girl dance in front of the mirror in her underwear.





Watch Anger Management
listen to music
your story scares me
*walk away


*watch tv


*go out



The music always does it for me.
I cry first sometimes then I run to my Bible.
Scream into a pillow, write it down, talk to ur friends.
I dance in my underwear. Lol, sounds funny, but it's so fun and liberating! Makes me forget about my troubles!
God will lead the way(:
play sports or read or watch tv till you simmer down
When I'm really pissed off I usually just find a quiet place to meditate or I pray. Me 3 or 4 years ago would GO OFF! I mean cussing and everything, now I've matured a lot and realized that it's not worth it. I'm a much more peaceful person now, very easy going and laid back. In fact, I hate arguing and fussing and fighting.
I learned a much-needed lesson in self-control during my freshman year in high school when I was 13. I had just moved back in with my high-strung, stressed-out, extremely strict, bible-thumping mother on hella-conservative Cape Cod after running wild in DC for a few years with my self-involved, nooky-chasing, no-attention-span-having father and I had a few ';anger management issues';. And I couldn't stand the kids I went to school with because I thought they were all ignorant tools.





There were 2 things that I figured out:





1) Even though I was younger and much (much!) smaller than the rest of my classmates, I was surprisingly capable of inflicting real physical and emotional damage on other people just because I was dealing with really mature rage issues. I realized that I needed to reign myself in IMMEDIATELY before I did something REALLY bad.





2) I realized that NOBODY'S petty bullsh*t drama was EVER going to be worth me wasting my time or energy getting upset over. I needed to focus on school - boys were beneath me, and I wasn't allowed to date anyways. I needed to focus on school - petty jealousy over being pretty or popular wasn't important. I needed to focus on school - I didn't pay attention to gossip. And if the mean girls tried to get in my face, I put my foot in their @sses while keeping one eye on my books because I NEEDED TO FOCUS ON SCHOOL SO I COULD GET THE F*CK OUT OF THE HOUSE AND OUT ON MY OWN.





Now I cope with my anger by taking a deep breath and focusing on what I know that I NEED to do to take care of me. Because when it comes to what's really important, the haters and silly ho's just don't matter.
You might want to find someone that you can talk to about your anger -- a friend, a parent, a psychologist, a counsellor. I think it's alright to feel anger occasionally -- it's a natural human emotion -- but it becomes a problem if your anger is a disproportionate reaction to events, or if it's released inappropriately, such as in the form of violence toward yourself or toward others. There are appropriate ways of releasing anger, like through effective communication. If I feel angry about something, I find it helpful to just say that out loud: ';I'm angry, because XYZ.'; Then I look for ways of resolving the XYZ, and sometimes that takes time. Some activities also help me focus on finding solutions, like going for a run, listening to music, etc.
i ask myself, am I trying to make someone else wrong,


or make myself wrong. I look at that. no one is wrong...some things just do not work.


People need what they need, and sometimes it will not match what I need. It is no ones fault.


I ask if there is something i need from another person that i am not getting. and make a request. If they are not available for that, i find another way.


I think about the other person- What is it they are expressing? Their pain? Their need to feel big, smart, beautiful, etc. I like to be able to see that, and then remind them that they are those things... in a real way.


Sometimes we forget... and we need to be gently reminded...






By realizing that, in the end, I really have no control over how people treat me. I only have control over how I treat people. It is extremely hard for me to do all the time, though. Many times, I will answer that anger with confrontation, but I never resort to physical force unless I am touched first.





You just have to look at it like 'are you going to go crazy every time somebody does or says something you don't like?' It gets tiring. I know people like this and I serve as a cooler for them, helping them to realize that some things you just have to get over. Pick your battles wisely.
Oh, how I do not miss my teenage years. I have always been high strung, opinionated, and determined. I used to argue with other girls in school. Never on a physical level. I don't think any of them had the guts. Since then, I have learned to be assertive verses aggressive. I will always be who I am. I will never yield. When somebody is saying something to attempt to hurt you, be nice to them. Smile an waive. Don't let them get the worst of you. Here's some examples out of my own.


Over the summer this woman was attempting to argue with me because my dog got in her garbage. She called me a ***** and every other word began with an f. I told her, ';you know your communication skills are too poor for me to carry on.'; She continued with the f's as I was getting into my car I told her that I would make it a point to rectify the situation. She continued with the f's still. I was very polite with her. She was really trying me. I couldn't take it anymore. I told her that I thought she had a ';impulse control disorder and there were drugs for that'; Since, I have yet to have another problem with her. I made her look at herself. I wasn't going to behave like that at the same time I wasn't going to allow her to speak to me like that either. Years ago I would have told her to come closer and talk to me like that. If I get flipped off while driving I smile and wave....the usually smile back.





So, basically......Out smart them. Play the ***** game to win. Don't let them anger you and allow them to make an *** of themselves And laugh when they do. It's much more fun and when all is over you don't feel anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment