Friday, August 20, 2010

What if my boyfriend doesn't want to take me to prom?

I have very strict parents. They almost never let me do anything and my boyfriend doesn't even think it's worth it for me to ask my parents if I can go to his prom (we go to different schools)





He said it would be so much easier if he just took his friend and went with his friends, and that kind of hurt. Then I got mad and asked him that it wouldn't hurt to ask and I got upset with him.





Then he went and said ';I know this is going to sound mean but this isn't your prom'; and he said that we fight so much anyways that he'd have more fun relaxing with his friends....and that just hurt so bad and I couldn't stop crying. He doesn't even know that he makes me cry sometimes. Now I don't even know what to say to him....





We've been dating for almost 2 years, and I my dream to go to his prom now is ruined. I don't even know what to say. I wish he realized how much he hurts me sometimes. This isn't the only thing that he does to hurt me. How can I show him without sounding stupid that he's hurting me really badly....?What if my boyfriend doesn't want to take me to prom?
Hello Kate, thanks for coming here hopefully the answers here can help you out some...





Now in my opinion you shouldn't think of yourself as sounding stupid in the first place. If you have been together for 2 years and he is making you cry on and off depending on something he does every now and then that's a pretty serious issue. Even though some people may think Prom is some type of a materlistic enjoyment and not necessary to feel ';loved'; by someone, I see where you're coming from and I understand how you're feeling. My advice to you is simply tell him exactly how you're feeling and what you've been going through since the time he hurt your feelings. You may feel like you're sounding stupid, but don't. Realize that he as your boyfriend needs to understand what he has done that has hurt you. This is all of course in my opinion, but if I were you I would tell him you need to talk to him and explain to him how you're feeling and I'm sure more than likely you'll come up with some sort of a compromise. There's always that chance he may not agree with you and choose to act rudely or uncaring towards your feelings, but if that's the case then you simply need to realize that is not your fault and you shouldn't guilt yourself for his behavior.





If he still feels it would be more easier for him to simply go to prom with his friends and you can live with that then all is solved. But I understand you feel it is a very special event to attend, and you would like to be there with your boyfriend. Just know that you should remain confident when it comes to telling someone you love how you feel, never feel anything that lowers your self esteem, you wouldn't be yourself if you were putting yourself down before you even talked to him!





I wish the best of luck to you Kate!What if my boyfriend doesn't want to take me to prom?
if that how he wants it to be. then let it be.





Ask your parents if you can go, and if someone ask you to be his date, then GO with him. Or if you don't want to hurt your bf, Go with your friends and HAVE FUN!!!





if you see him to the prom, don't spend the whole time with him, spend it with the ones you went to prom with, and if he gets mad, just tell him that ';YOU NEED TO RELAX, RIGHT?';
That's messed up! If he hurts you a lot then move on. Its not worth it. You will deal with that enough when you get older.





I would just tell him he hurt you and if he isn't going to make an effort to ask your parents then your taking another guy to your prom. If he has an issue, mockingly say it is what your parents would want anyways. I know it sounds childish-but so does he.
Very simple. Refuse to talk to him. Don't take his calls, don't reply to his messages, just freeze him out.





In fact, if you send him one message to say that you think he should make not seeing you permanent, seeing as he doesn't care how he makes you feel, then not talk to him at all, this would be good.





Other fish, dear, other fish .....
uh oh. looks like this relationship is headed for the worse. but i understand what ya mean. sure it's gonna hurt. if he ain't gonna even try to ask then you should be with someone else. oh sure two years is a long time but if he doesn't want to show you off then phooey on him! dump his A$$ and find someone better.
I'm sorry, but your boyfriend is a complete asshole. Show him this. And show him my response. I don't know either of you and cannot be biased toward you, so coming from an outside source, maybe it'll get through his thick head. I've been with my fiance for six years and he has never treated me this way. You ought to find a guy who will treat you right and dump this p.o.s.
Tell him how you feel. His reaction will tell you whether this relationship is going to go any further, although I think that you already know where it's heading. If someone keeps hurting you .. then that someone isn't the love of your life.
Go and talk to him. Tell him that he is really making u cry.


This would cool u down.





I had a Japanese girl friend but she was studying in a different school in Japan, it was a girl's school. Later she changed the school to join me!
Total jerk behavior. Is he ashamed of you or something? I'd be heated and I would probably dump his sorry butt.
You should be his number 1 priority. Don't take him to yours just to prove a point.
Maybe, he is going with someone else... I think you should break up with him so that your crying will stop...


good luck ;-)
dam your man is an asshol* and for him to say sum dumb stuff like that means he doesnt deserve you at all,dump that sucka you need better and can do better! = ) call me
Looks like a relationship is coming to an end.
Do to him what he did to you.
Douche...





Tell him how you feel. If he doesn't listen then he's even more of the above...
go to your prom with someone else. I would be pissed too.
i think its over with you 2 .good luck you got your prom .
Don't take the role of the victim ever in your life dear.


You know everything happens to you is your responsibility.





If he hurts you, why you keep on crying and being a victim when he's chilling and having fun with his other friends.





You can have fun with your friends too. Don't take things in life so seriously and deeply.





Your family cares about you and they want to protect you. Later you'll be thanking them.





Remember yourself value, your beauty and self respect. Go and have fun. Find someone that respects you and that you can communicate and understand each other...





Good Luck
Wow he's a freaking jerk. Dump that loser. He's treating you like you aren't very important to him and he couldn't care less what YOU want or what would make you happy. If he doesn't think you are worth the trouble to go to his prom, then dump his sorry a**! He actually told you that he'd rather take another girl and hang out with his friends? Seriously, he doesn't care about you and you need to retain some of your dignity and break up with him. He's a waste of time, really. I know it's hard after two years, but honestly, no girl deserves to be disrespected in that way. You could find someone better REAL easily. You certainly deserve better.
Why don't you ask your parent's if you can go? Why does it have to be him? If your parent's say yes then tell him you can go. There are a lot of wild partying that goes with these proms. Your parent's care so much for you they are looking out for your well being. That is so good. I respect parent's like that. Guys now days don't have much respect for girls. They use them for their own gratification and don't care who they hurt. If your boy friend won't ask and you won't ask. Just don't worry about it all, Maybe you have the wrong boy friend if he is so insensitive to your feelings. Try dating some others and let his sweat for awhile.
I think you need to take a step back and look at your relationship with this boy.


It sounds as if he's trying to hint to you that he doesn't want to go with you to his prom. Now what kind of boyfriend does that?


In my opinion, and I'm an outside source so I'm un biased, it seems that he's not treating you right or trying to make you happy. Thats not a very good boyfriend.


Talk to him, CALMLY, and tell him how this whole prom situation is making you feel. If he listens and tries to make it better then thats fantastic. If not, I think you guys need to sit down and talk. You don't have to break it off with him but if you, or both of you, are unhappy then I think you should.
Sweety, what are u doing with him?? ..


i bet you anythin if you break up with him, he won't care much, and if he doesn't want you why should u want him.obvioulsy after 2 yrs the flame has ';died out'; and if he was really into you ..he would WANT u to go to his prom, now, he doesnt that mean he'd rather be with his friend..dude its freakin prom!! ..u go with ur sweetheart! ..


that's mean.. i say u find a guy friend and go to their prom with them..just bcus.. and its obvious he takes u for granted...and u shouldnt cry for someone that sounds like a douch bag ..


ok? ...so don't cry, go to another friend's prom, and break up with him.


understand this,,it may not be that he is mean.. it might be that he is young and wants to have fun..he is in a different place [emonally] than u are.
Aw that sounds very jerkish of him to do that.


If you've been going out with him for so long I think you should be able to talk to him openly about this. Tell him that he hurts you sometimes with the things he says or does...


Tell him that even if it would be a bit of a struggle for you to be able to go to his prom , it would be worth it cause you love each other right?


He needs to understand your feelings and if you are closing them off then he won't get a chance to. Let him know what's going on and I hope you guys get through this. Best of luck to you dear.
your bf shouldnt have done that...just have a one to one sit down and TALK....i knoo it sounds like the most obv thing...but if things arent working out between you two and he makes you upset he needs to know!! he needs to know what hes doing wrong so he can change...and if he doesnt then he isnt worth it anyway =) but dont worry....you have been together for 2 years...i have strict parents too...but its as if your bf is using that as an excuse...soo say to him...we have been together 2 years and one of the days in your life that u will remember you dont want to spend it with me?! ....and don't be afraid to get emotional infront of him..he needs to know what hes doing to you...hopefully when he sees you like that he will understand and be comforting...but if he doesnt then seriously u can do better girl =)

No comments:

Post a Comment