Friday, August 20, 2010

When your adult child hits you, what would you do?

Okay before I start I would like to Thank Everyone who took the time out to give me your advice or your opinion ';The Serious Ones';.


This is no joke for me.





Now here is the situation:


I have three daughters 23, 14, %26amp; 12, my 23 yr-old daughter just had her 1st %26amp;(only child) for now and didn't have anywhere to go and she needed my help, now to start with her %26amp; I were not very close, she didn't want to move in with me in the beginning but, she needed to for the baby, the 14 %26amp; 12 yr-old are my husband's daughters, so they came with my marriage anyway my 23 yr-old came into my home and she stressed all of us out but, I wanted to help her to get on her feet for her son sake, if she is not doing good nor can he, so anyway I helped her to get into school and she was doing very good and things had seemed to calm down for a while, we did fall out at times but, that's part of being in a family but, as time went by she started doing very disrespectful things, which is not the point but anyway it has been almost a year and for a few days she had been staying out all nite spending the night with this new boyfriend and she stopped taking care of her busniess and that is a big No,No because she moved in and did not have to pay rent or bills or anything like that I kept my grandson when she had important things to do but, I would not keep him for her to run the streets, So a week or so ago she had been gone for like three days (with the baby of course) and when she came in she was being very nasty and I just do not except that from anyone staying in my house or from my kids so she called me out of my name and that was the last straw, I went to confront her and all hell broke out, she actually put her hands on me in a fight, and I put her out because I have always said that the day one of my kids feel like they want to put their hands on me afterwards they would have to leave my home, so I put her out which means I had to put out my grandson because he is hers and he was the main reason why she had to come stay here. It has been a week or so and she has tried to say sorry but, I just can not get over her putting her hands on me because I was raised and taught that you do not hit your parents no matter what, it's call respect I will still keep my grandson when she has busniess to take care of but to let her come back and live in my home I can not do, because to me if I let her jump on me and still come live off of us is telling my younger girls that they to can disrespect me and get away with it.


Now my question ';After all of that right';


What would you do if you were in my place, if your adult child had hit you and left marks or brusies on you would you let them stay in your home?


If yes Why %26amp; How would you deal with it especailly if there are children still in the house watching all of this?


All and any advice that is given that is real thank you again....~Lady Angel~When your adult child hits you, what would you do?
I understand that is your child, but I would not let her stay in my home. She may come and visit, especially with the grandchild, but not to move-in. That has come and gone. When a child reaches adulthood, you have to let them go about their way, let them fall on their own. You placed limits and now you should stick by it, b/c if you do accept her back into the home it sends a message to your younger children that her actions were ok, and it sends a message to her that hitting you may be bad but you would still let her ride you. So no def not.When your adult child hits you, what would you do?
I think you did the right thing as hard as it was to do. This sounds like the begining of the Kaylee Anthony case BTW.
sickos. sell the house and move into a small apartment by yourself
i would press charges and fight for custody
You can not tolerate violence or abuse. It generally always gets worse over time. I would give the daughter, fair warning that you will not tolerate it and if it happens again, she is out of there. If it does happen again, call 911. The rest of this including the grand child will work out. The secret is to love the sinner but hate the sin. Love her, but do not tolerate bad behavior. Try to prevent things from escalating to the point where violence occurs by asking her to take a time out... somewhere else, when needed. Luck and blessings.
What you did was the right thing, I know it was a very hard thing to do, but you can't back down. If you do let her come back then the others will know that they can push you around too and you won't do anything about it. Hopefully she will learn to grow up and be a real mother to your grandson and I hope that she still lets you watch him as he needs the stability in his life. Good luck with your situation
She has not learned to respect authority, or family and is frankly quite selfish. You have other kids to raise and should not let her in the home. I suspect you should have kicked her out before the actual physical fight. Love does not me you let people walk all over you and stress out your whole house. As much as you love your grandson only watch him for real getting her life back together things, or have her give you custody and she can run off and be the selfish person she wants to be without damaging your grandson.





Once she learns that actions have consequences she may actual grow up.
You did the right thing. Your daughter should never have behaved like that to you, and it doesn't really matter if there were witnesses or not. Accept her apology, but don't let her move back in. Taking care of her child when she has important things to do is great, and maybe you can take care of him when she need a break, but only once in a while.
My aunt had the same problem


she kicked her daughter out and it stayed like that


but they meet up once a week to patch things up


i think you should try this


good luck


plz answer mine


http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>


x
Your daughter living with you and your family, was not the best situation. The best idea, would be to help her find an apartment. She is 23 and has a kid, she can not at all have it easy. Because, look where easy got her? she is taking advantage of her own mother. I know you only want the best, but dont allow her to come live with you again, she should understand that, tell her, youd still be delighted to help out with the grandson and help her find her own place. And if you think and feel your grandson is not being fully taken care of, report it to childservces and get custody of him
i would call the cops on her that is not okay and shouldnt be tolerated. I think you have every right to kick her out and not let her back shes 23 years old and grown enough to figure it out.
The first question is do you think your daughter has a problem? drugs, drink or an anger problem? If so you need to talk to her to try and get her help. If this is the case you can see a solicitor who will help you get custody of your grandson and an injunction against your daughter if you need it. I think for the moment you have done the right thing.
Im sorry that this happened to you!


i feel you have gone about it the right way you are clearly smart and yes i agree if she can get away with hitting you then your younger children will feel they can too


i can honestly say this wouldn't have happened to me as her disrespectful ways would have gotten her kicked out of my home before it could


i think you should accept her apology and try to make things right but do not let her take you for granted again!





all the best!
  • myspace quizzes
  • c++
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment